Frequently I am asked what is the best granola to purchase. This is not an easy question to answer since these are dozens to choose from and the serving sizes vary from 1/4 to 3/4 cup so comparing labels is challenging. After hours of scouring nutrition labels and recalling fraction equations from my youth I came up with these top granola picks. There are probably many more out there but here is a good start.
What makes these granolas better? The main ingredient I was on high alert for was sugar and its many aliases. It is amazing how many different types of sugars are in granola. Just a reference to help you visualize 4.2 grams of sugar is 1 teaspoon. All of these granolas have 4.5 grams of sugar of less based on a serving size of 1/4 cup. Often I encourage granola to be viewed more as a condiment and best paired with a low sugar, high quality Greek or regular yogurt and fresh fruit of choice.
- Back to Nature Gluten Free Cranberry Pecan & Vanilla Almond Agave
- Bakery on Main Gluten Free Granola Extreme Fruit and Nut, Rainforest Nutty Banana, Walnut Raisin Apple
- Bear Naked V" Nilla Almond, Triple Berry, Cinnamon+ Sunflower Butter
- Bob's Red Mill Honey Almond & Crunchy Coconut
- Kind Peanut Butter Whole Grain Clusters, Raspberry Cluster with Chia Seeds, Banana Nut Clusters, Dark Chocolate Whole Grain Clusters, and Maple Quinoa Clusters with Chia
- Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax, Hemp Plus, Peanut Butter, Chia Seed Plus Chia Coconut, Flax Plus Vanilla Almond
- Palenola The Original, Chocolate Fix, Maple Pancake, Apple Pie, and Pumpkin Pie
- Purely Elizabeth Cranberry Pecan, Maple Walnut Probiotic, Blueberry Hemp, Banana Nut Butter Grain Free, Coconut Cashew Grain Free
- Simple Truth Fruit & Nut Granola, Apricot Coconut Granola Clusters, Organic Granola Cluster Pumpkin Seed Pecan